Monday 30 November 2009

Bah Humbug

Christmas is upon us.  Apparently.  My email inbox has been bombarded with reminders of Christmas from gift ideas to alerting me to the fact there are only a certain number of shopping/posting/work days left.  Well all it's doing is panicking me.

I have so far brough one present and that present is for my five year old sister Holly, who is the easiest person to buy for in the world.  She wants things.  Lots of them.  Anything with her favourite Disney characters will do perfectly and currently those are Tinkerbell and Ariel.  Therefore, on Christmas day she will be dressed as Tinkerbell courtesy of moi...complete with twinkling lights on her chest.

I have trawled over the internet, with little to NO time left to go shopping by the time I've caught up on random chores/visits/events on weekends.  The internet is not being helpful.  I would like to turn back time.  By 4/5 months would do...I see myself lying in the sun in south France laughing at the boys I was travelling with and worrying about getting sun stroke again.  Now I'm worrying about the fact that someone at work has informed me "Jack Frost will be visiting for the first time tonight".  This tells me I'll be freezing on the walk home.

Some may say I've outgrown Christmas, that I'm bitter, that I'm silly, that I'm the Grinch...I say I'm just a fan of summer, it's when I'm happiest, and I can't wait for it to come back.  Oh...and Christmas isn't the same when at you have been putting out the presents yourself for almost 10 years.  Santa has officially gone my friends.  Bah humbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment