Wednesday 3 February 2010

Maybe one day I'll go nude...

I've been burying my head in the sand as nude creeps its way back into fashion.  For two reasons....1) I am ultra pale and therefore lose any colour (though this is miniscule) in my skin as it bleeds straight into the dress. 2) I actually quite like it and don't want to be tempted as I feel it will not do me justice.  Instead I stick to purple, pink, blue...anything but nude.

Then I see Drew Barrymore in Atelier Versace at the Golden Globes and I have to admit I begin to rethink this whole anti-nude stance.  After all, she looked absolutely spectacular all a glisten.  And, with my new skills from Design by Janine, I'm pretty sure I could make a dress sparkle just like that.

I slept on this thought...and I woke up.  To be frank, I don't intend on going to any awards ceremonies any time soon.  I may, however, let a little bit of nude lace creep intop my wardrobe.  Let's just be clear though, it will be paired with something a lot bolder.

For now though here are my pick of the best nude dresses I've seen so far...

Drew Barrymore, Chloë Sevigny and Ginnifer Goodwin nailing the nude look

No comments:

Post a Comment