Friday 19 March 2010

Squelch, Squelch, Squelch

It's been one of those weeks...though I'm sure you guessed that by my lack of blogging.

I have felt poorly sick, lots of ASOS interview prep to do, my boss hung up on me for taking time off work for being poorly and then today it rains.  It rains on the first day I'm wearing pumps obviously and so my feet are all squelchy and shit.  Squelch, squelch, squelch I went, whilst Paolo Nutini's 'Ten Out of Ten' blared in my ears making me think of sunshine.  I got to a hill and attempted to move downwards and almost fell on my face with my feet slipping all over the place within my stupid black suede pom pom shoes.  Suede ballet pumps and rain...nightmare.  I need a holiday, I really do.

Of course, being in England it rains in the Midlands.  However, I honestly can't remember the last time I actually had to walk in it.  It reminded me of this illustration...


It's one of a series I produced to represent 'Where am I now?' in a Personal and Professional Development module at university.  The image, whilst illustrated by me, is not my own.  It's one of Azuzephre's Pon and Zi cartoons, I have only been creative enough to change the words.  Cutest little emo characters ever.

Anyway, I digress...this illustration summed up how I felt at the time.  I was beginning to feel trapped in Preston.  Well, that was silly.  It took me three years to get bored of Preston, which was only brought on by my continuing stress to be amazing at uni, and now 9 months at home and I wish I was back there.  Masters?  It's becoming more and more appealing.  Rain or no rain.

The grass is always greener isn't it...definitely need to just make the most of what I have.  Bugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment