Sunday 18 April 2010

A hazy but wonderful weekend...

I went to see Laura Marling on Friday, she was amazing.  Absolutely amazing.  The whole night was.  We missed the first support due to a need to feed ourselves at Wagamama's but were suitably impressed by Alessi's Ark.  Alessi was astoundingly good and didn't seem to know it, telling little in-jokes from the tour, making fun of Pete Roe (who joined her on stage) and giggling to herself.  Cocktails and wine ensued, along with some healthy cupcake eating (for the good of Oxfam of course) and me falling asleep in the car with Mumford and Sons blasting.

Saturday was sunny.  Therefore there was only one option: BBQ, strawberries and cider with the family followed by vodka with the boys.  At a dirty bar.  Yuck.  Alcohol has won this weekend.  I once read about an iPhone app that forced you to complete a simple maths test before you could send a text.  If you were incapable to pass the test you are clearly too drunk and texting is taken away.  I need that.  Was this actually made or just hypothesised?  If anyone knows please tell me.

Ernest Hemingway once said: "Always do sover what you said you'd do drunk.  That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."  This may have to become a new rule for me.  After trotting round in everything from shorts to sailor trousers I have collapsed.  For now though Alessi's Ark (thank you Myspace) will get me through this painful hangover day.  I'm too old for this.



I wanted to share this with you as it's my favourite Alessi's Ark song.  This is all YouTube had to offer.  Go to her Myspace to hear it better! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment