Monday 31 May 2010

ASOS Black

I have been patiently waiting for a while for the launch of the latest ASOS Black range after seeing some carefully styled piece in one of their magazines.  I fell head over heels in love with a feather skirt...not so surprising if you read this blog often, I have quite the penchant for feathers.

So when it launched a few weeks ago I raced home to order said skirt.  Patiently waiting...the next day delivery was not so next day thanks to Parcelforce having a mare with their electronics system...I dug into the bag when it arrived only to find I do not have the right figure for it.  Not in a "I can't pull off feathers" kind of way.  Oh no.  In a "this doesn't fit at all kind of way".  Silly me forgot that due to all the structured feathers there is a lack of movement and stretch...and apparently my hourglass figure doesn't exactly fit ASOS's image of the perfect size 10. 

However, despite all this I am still in love with ASOS Black right now.  The range fully embraces the extravagent side to fashion using all the best fabrics and embellishments, drawing inspiration from romanticism and Parisian couture and utilising a nude palette that encompasses everything from grey to cappuccino rather than just cream...bravo.  Whats more they have taken ruffles to a new level and Spring/Summer 2010 is all about ruffles in my humble opinion.

Here's my pick of the best pieces, and yes the skirt is included because it will fit someone and they will look fabulous...

No comments:

Post a Comment