Friday 6 January 2012

Dressing for the Office

As I am starting my new job very soon I figured it was about time I invested in some clothes. The office for me is a creative studio so a suit isn't required (nor is it my style) but I did want something that could be adapted to see clients, was fashionable and comfortable enough when sat working at a computer. Oh, and that I could adapt to be wearable in winter. If I see one more pair of 7/8 trousers I may scream, as much as I love them. Oddly enough I don't want my ankles to freeze and this wind is not productive to anything less than full length/thick tights.

Finding clothing that transcends AW11/12 and SS12 is not easy. The process becomes even harder when you try to find something that won't require you to wear heels. My poor ankles are currently very weak (who knows why) and as such heels aren't really suitable for trotting around in all day. I've not had much luck, except for a few items in Next and Oasis, but there are some great new pieces showing up in the spring collections and I can't wait!

 Marks and Spencer
Left: Deco Diva Limited Top £35, M&S trousers £25, Shoes £29.50, Earrings £12.50, Watch £25
Right: Park Avenue Autograph Top £45, Trousers £45, Shoes £29.50

 Warehouse
Left: Zip Front Tunic £45, Desert Trek Trousers £45, Bag £28
Right: Mesh Jumper £36, Lace Skirt £40 

Next
Left: Top £28, Trousers £38
Right: Top £26, Skirt £35, Platforms £40, Clutch £16

13 comments:

  1. I completely understand about the nightmare of workwear. Marks&Spencer is amazing for workwear at the moment. I've been really impressed with what they have to offer lately.
    I bet you're excited to start!
    Sophie x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best with your new job! I love printed pants this season and you can match them easily...
    Thank you for your comment... I agree Minas is timeless!
    x
    Nina
    trendsurvivor.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right with you RE getting the right office wear. I hate dressing up, but thankfully we can wear jeans to work! :) Good luck with your new wee job!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! Thank for commenting on my blog!
    x
    http://lottie-loves-beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never know what to wear to work! I wear dresses pretty much every day though as I don't own a single pair of trousers!

    Love the Warehouse lace skirt! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Work wear is soo difficult. These look great though, love the printed trousers - wish I could carry them off!

    http://www.evehut.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I don't have this problem yet. I probably wouldn't be allowed to wear nothing but jeans, a dress shirt and a t-shirt everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wanna work in an office just to use it!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on the job! It sounds great, what exactly will you be doing in it? Love the work outfit ideas :) xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. cant wait for your next post!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore the sequins on the first top!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great ideas for stylish workwear! I love the patterned trousers from M&S :) x

    ReplyDelete